About

Caldey Abbey was built in 1910 by Anglican Benedictine monks who came to the Island in 1906. Under the direction of Abbot Aelred Carlyle, the building was designed by Penarth architect John Coates-Carter in traditional Italianate style. Because of its unusual design, Caldey Abbey has received much attention in recent years and is now a grade II* listed building.